Become a Member
Benefits for Clubs
Some of the membership benefits gained by affiliating your club with Kung Fu Wushu WA are listed below.
Chinese Martial Arts Leadership
- A shared vision for kung fu / wushu (Chinese martial arts).
- Ability to be involved with an exciting sport offering fundamental skills applicable to everyday life – such as discipline, strength, concentration.
- Links to Kung Fu Wushu WA, Western Australia Sports Federation and Martial Arts Industry Association.
- Access to the Kung Fu Wushu Australia’s National Insurance Program.
- The KWA utilises the buying power of hundreds of affiliated kung fu / wushu organisations across Australia. This has resulted in considerable savings and enhanced coverage for the Members who purchased these policies.
- Access to the Kung Fu Wushu Australia’s Coaching Accreditation Courses. The accreditation course is a progressive instructor education program starting with general coaching principles and progressing to advanced training methods and sports sciences.
- Access to the Kung Fu Wushu Australia’s Judging Accreditation Courses.
- Access to updating accreditation workshops.
- Ability to promote yourself as a Member of the Kung Fu Wushu WA
- Promotion through the Kung Fu Wushu WA website
- Access to participate in KWA State and National sanctioned events
- Eligibility of Member’s athletes to represent Australia in the International Wushu Federation’s international sanctioned events
Benefits for Athletes
When you join a Member Club / Community Instructor Member affiliated with Kung Fu Wushu WA you benefit through:
Learning New Skills in a Safe Environment
- Learning balance, strength, concentration.
- Participating in an exciting sport in a safe environment.
- Gaining fundamental movement patterns transferable to any sport.
- Member Clubs are required to have Accredited Coaches.
- Community Instructor Members are required to be Accredited Coaches.
- Accredited Coaches are required to update their skills and knowledge.
- Access to participate in KWA State and National sanctioned events.
- Become eligible to be selected as an Australian National Team Member and compete in international events organised by the International Wushu Federation such as the World Wushu Championships.